Tweet

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Russell Brand on the BBC's Newsnight..You Marry me NAOW!

No, I’m not leaving my Sweetie actually, what I want to wed are his ideas, but more specifically the lyrical way he presents them in interviews.


Actor and comedian Russell Brand is calling for a political and philosophical revolution in his guest editorship of the New Statesman magazine, and he explained what he wants to see in a passionately argued interview on BBC’s “Newsnight.”
Combative host Jeremy Paxson asked the British actor, who’s known for his past drug use and his brief marriage to pop singer Katy Perry, what gave him the right to promote his political beliefs, particularly since he’s never voted.
“I don’t get my authority from this preexisting paradigm, which is quite narrow and only serves a few people,” Brand said. “I look elsewhere for alternatives that might be of service to humanity.”
 He continued, issuing reams of prose even as the veteran TV reporter challenged him to defend his arguments.

This is the third example I’ve seen in the last little while of this man speaking some very stark truth in a very entertaining yet extremely poignant manner.


His attitude about voting I don’t believe serves American interests at this time, but I certainly understand why he holds them.


Russell Brand appears to be his generations John Lennon.  I have no problem with what he’s trying to say.

Bonus Coverage!

Just because I love seeing Mika Brzezinski being shaken like an Alan Iverson crossover.


Namaste Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment