Tweet

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Thank You Madam Librarian #NationalBookLoversDay




I wanted to give a shout out to a woman that I don’t even remember the name of, but I remember what she did.

I was about in the 4th grade and my teacher was reading the class the Beverly Cleary book The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and she wouldn’t read it fast enough. I went to our local library told the librarian the story, and she checked it out for me. I suppose she must have noticed how fast I read it for how fast I brought it back, and she let me know that Beverly had written other Ralph stories and she gave them to me to check out. She must have noticed how fast I brought them back because then she introduced me to Tolkien.

I’ve been able to read for entertainment since, and although I don’t give full credit for that to the librarian she sure helped.

I don’t know. As we’re in the internet age of instant access to information and our local libraries are under such assault for their funding and continued existence something just made me want to acknowledge a lady from the past and a profession I hope to see go into the future.

1 comment:


  1. Awsome Post Thanks for Sharing. BLOODSHR3D by Olympus Labs is jam packed with all
    the ingredients you need to get ripped in two matrices that will deliver results.

    ReplyDelete