Did you know that even after being married for 40 years, it's difficult to be be...married in your mom's house? After a disaster like Sweetie and I had just experienced, your desire to be married...increases, you want to be married like bunnies, I think something in the make up kicks into repopulate the earth mode after living through disaster and even though we're a bit past that age, the genes neither knew or cared, and since we had a new car we decided to use it, and here is where #evacueediary begins. It didn't begin in the fire, it begins now.
Our first ride was to San Simeon, and then Laguna Beach, and then Carlsbad, and then back to Laguna Beach. Look I said bunnies right? and so it went through February and March until another reason I say my life is a continuous stream of miracles came to pass, my daughter had our 3rd grandson and now we had 3 ages 14, 12 and baby, and something started to form in my head I'd repeat many tines, to myself and to anyone who asked how I was after the fire, If God came to me and told me he would take all I owned and in return give me my new grandson I would feel guilty for defrauding God so quickly would I say deal, and that's exactly where I was.
Sweetie and I then set our sights at Las Vegas for although we had taken 4 or 5 hops in our new car I had not had the chance to unleash her twin turbos or engage all of her modern drive by wire and by herself technology, so we went. She also had a name stick on her, and it still does, she is Moon Unit, or just Moon if you're nasty.
We had a ball in Vegas and since I'm writing this when we went to Speed Zone I smoked her and I extracted many favors from the victories I achieved in mini golf as we got a weekend pass. We went to the Sphere and other shows and were super married for the 3 nights we were there.
On the way out of town as we headed for the 15 and back to Los Angeles sweetie said something like all we have is our go bags and they're with us, and I idly said hey why don't we go by the Grand Canyon, it's a fun drive and she answered, why not, it's not like we're not packed, so we went, and after another weekend this time filled with marriage and breathtaking beauty when Sweetie said all we got is our go bags before we even got in the car.
When I got on the freeway, I pointed Moon east and let her turbos sing.
Welcome to the #EvacueeDiary.

No comments:
Post a Comment