Tweet

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Southern Habits LA Loves


Moms family is from Georgia, I’ve shown you Moms family earlier with the presentation of the documentary Palmour St., and Pops family gave me my Alabama memories.  I mention it because of a habit both sides of the family have.

When they get home from work, or get done with their day.  They will get them a beer or other bevie and everyone will go and sit on the porch and wave at every person and car driving by.

The people who are walking will generally stop and talk, the people in the cars always wave and display nice friendly smiles.


Well yesterday I was yelling at something political that had pissed me off and something made me think “I bet these people where I live wouldn’t even wave back if I did the southern thing”.  I live on a very busy street the most busy in my area of the town, so I thought no one would care we’re LA after all and a challenge was born.

First the music I would pick a piece and I would wave all the way through it, and I know what I will use


Yeah that's me for the assignment next?

The Chair


STARGAZER

I set up for two way waving because that's how I roll.









I will now relay the results.

I apologize to my town for thinking it might not be friendly.  Oh my goodness, I don’t know how I’m going to be able to end my evening without doing this I didn't remember how good it felt.

I saw people who just didn’t see me, and the way people haul booty down my street I didn’t blame them.  Every single person who saw me waved.

2 separate men in pick up trucks who saw me saw my wave and didn’t think I saw them wave back drove around the corner to wave.  One stopped and asked if I were just waving and when I said yes told me that was just beautiful and that lit my heart.

I made a new friend in Amy the jogger I had seen many times running by my house and now know she’s a neighbor cooler than the other side of the pillow and yes she and her cool husband would love to drop by for a glass of vino and conviviality.

It’s my normal nature to count the wavers or something to keep my mind busy, but I didn’t have to.  Get down my city I’m proud of you, I was kept busy meeting you. I understand it might rain tomorrow, so nope, but whenever it’s not raining I think I’ll give Stargazer a last name.  Stargazer Friendfinder 

Namaste Friends!


1 comment: